Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Maybelline The Nudes Palette

Maybelline The Nudes Palette Review 


I debated buying the Naked 2 Pallete for quite awhile before I decided I wanted to give this palette a try first. I saw an advertisement for it in a magazine a knew I needed to give it a try. I ended up getting it as a christmas present from my Mom. Before we really get into the review I am gonna give you a little background about my eyeshadow wearing habits. I have light skin and blue eyes so I stick to neutrals 99% of the time. I really love browns and golds on myself so generally I stick to only those colors. For that reason I was going to invest in the Naked 2 palette because I know the shades in the palette would be well loved. I tend to stick with shadows that have a bit of shimmer versus completely matte shadows.  

I did a previous post on my Urban Decay Primer Potion. This is the one product I cannot do an eye look without! The combination of the eyeshadow primer and the Maybelline palette shadows is a winner! The look always lasts all day and the color payoff of the shadows is amazing. The palette has both shimmer and matte shadows.  I find myself using both and getting tremendous use out of the palette in general. I will often times do a super simple look with just one color or use the combination of four to do a full blown eyeshadow look. 

I find the range of colors to be very versatile and really encompass any shade I am looking for. The shadow glides on smooth and is very blendable which is essential for me. I found an amazing little cheat sheet for the palette on Pinterest (pictured below). Here is the link to an ingenious post about the palette, it just shows how versatile this palette is and all the different combinations possible. I personally LOVE the first quad shown below and wear it several times each week. 


The palette is available at Target for just under $10.00. For this price the product can just not be beat. The Brights palette is available also and looks amazing!

I would recommend this palette to anyone who uses neutral eyeshadows on a regular basis. The palette would also be good to have on hand to add to any shadow look really. The lighter shades would work great as a base for more colorful shadow looks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment