Sunday, February 22, 2015

Orly Basecoat and Topcoat Review

Orly Basecoat and Topcoat Review


I am always searching for a great basecoat and topcoat to make a manicure really last. Working in food service means I wash my hands a million times a day. It makes it hard to keep a manicure looking good for more than a day. I heard a lot about the Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat and decided I needed to give it a try. This got rave reviews on Pinterest and from several YouTube beauty gurus. When I purchased the basecoat I decided to give the Orly Won't Chip Topcoat a try as well. I had really high hopes for these products! 


I got these products about six months ago and have used them many times since receiving them. I decided to give myself a manicure and see how long the results lasted for this post. I used my ZOYA Carter Pixiedust polish. The photo above is the manicure on the first day. The photo below is the next morning; after my ten hour shift the previous day. It is safe to say the results are not what I was expecting when I first purchased the products. I have had similar results every time I have used these products. 


You can purchase the basecoat here and topcoat here. The are both available for ten dollars on the Orly site. You can also find them for lower prices on Amazon. 

Overall Review: These products did not deliver the results I was hoping to find. They may work well for someone who does not do quite as much hand washing as I do on a regular basis. 

Has anyone else had better results with these products? Or do you have a holy grail basecoat and topcoat? 

No comments:

Post a Comment